Monday, April 4, 2016

The week I gained a reputation

Ok that makes it sound bad. So. Generally my emails to the president are suuuuuper vague because, like, gotta be formal right? But my last week with Sister Mazetto I was honest with him and said that I was afraid of working with ward leaders because sometimes I get a little bit completely full of rage and this isn't good, right? So then the next week again was super vague...so he responded "ah so this week was better? you didnt get super mad at anyone? congrats! just kidding. I wish you the best with this transfer" to which I responded "to be perfectly honest president, Im always angry. But seeing as I'm here serving a mission, trying really hard to be more like christ, no need to worry I still havent opened my mouth while I was full of rage. And my companion is helping me out with this one. With her at my side you don't need to worry that I'll explode any time soon."

I'm not sure why I wrote with so much more personality this week but anyway I sent that and now every time he sees me he calls me ginger/redhead and tells everyone to be careful or I'll blow up and every time something takes a little longer than expected he's like "stay calm! stay caaaaaalm! I know you can do it!! I believe in you!!" So yeah. My president is hilarious and also oops. But like before he never really talked about me and now he is a lot so?? Maybe thats good? I don't even know.

SO this week we found lots of FAMILIES to teach. FINALLY. and its the funniest thing because how we found them was that Wendel is going door to door (almost every single house in this city once housed a member of the church) to find all the less active members, and sometimes instead of members he finds people who are totally waiting for us to teach them! Literally it doesnt even make sense how some of these people were found. but I won't question it! haha.

And general conference was interesting because the 3 kids of an investigator showed up to watch without their parents...after that talk by Eyring Saturday we couldnt very well send them home so they sat with us and colored while we listened. 

No comments:

Post a Comment